Remaining in compliance with requirements for verifying employment eligibility is paramount. Employers who violate these laws are subject to significant civil fines and penalties, along with public relations issues and interruptions to day-to-day business operations in the event of an audit. Flawed processes, inadequate record retention procedures, and errors and omissions can heighten your risk.
To help employers meet these requirements, WesternTASA has developed comprehensive service models that range from guidance and training on all aspects of employment verification compliance to advanced, web-based solutions. Our professionals around the globe understand country-specific requirements and best practices for implementing and maintaining a sound program.
Our services include:
- Guidance on employment verification compliance and best practices
- Process, procedure and policy review and development
- Preventative employment verification audit and review
- Training for human resources professionals and teams
- Customized program design, management and support
- Representation in the case of government visits and investigations
- Sophisticated, online software solutions that automate process compliance and help protect you from risk
- visatrack (Australia)
- Employment Verification Tool (EVT) (United Kingdom)
- I-9 Service Center (United States)
Not only are reporting requirements for companies that sponsor staff on subclass 457 visas time sensitive, but noncompliance can impact the ability to sponsor expatriates in the future. Employer obligations continue well beyond the departure of sponsored staff, and violations can lead to extensive financial penalties, administrative sanctions, business interruptions and reputational damage.
WesternTASA’s visatrack tool assists Australia-based companies with reporting and record keeping obligations to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP). This proprietary, web-based software is tailored to complement business immigration compliance and risk management strategies. Human resource and mobility teams can securely access subclass 457 visa records at all times and extract detailed reporting and statistics to effectively manage sponsored employments.
- Dedicated portal that captures all key information required by DIBP
- Compliance with DIBP information retention, reporting and record keeping requirements
- Notification of events related to a sponsored worker or business
- On demand access to records and supporting documents for ongoing management or in the event of an audit
- Online notifications to WesternTASA of events relating to your business and expatriate staff
- Internal management reporting and alerts
- Continuous updates in accordance with government policies
Employment Verification Tool (EVT)
Employers in the United Kingdom can be fined up to £20,000 per person for employing illegal workers. Complying with the updated requirements of the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act of 2006 is imperative to avoid penalties and manage risks.
WesternTASA provides a full range of Skills-based immigration system compliance services and resources, and understands the common mistakes and pitfalls employers face in maintaining employment verification compliance. From this, we developed our Employment Verification Tool (or EVT). This easy-to-use, online tool streamlines and automates the process of determining an individual’s immigration status prior to employment. It is designed to help simplify the process of checking a new employee’s entitlement to work in the United Kingdom, while imposing automated process compliance. Both employees and human resource staff utilize the system to streamline the process of document verification.
- End-to-end employee and employer verification process for new employees
- Annual work status checks for applicable employees
- Online document upload and storage
- Searchable database of verifications to assist in the case of a government audit
- Continuous updates to reflect any changes in government requirements