The best schools in the world are often expensive and considering the quality of education they provide, the cost is considerably worth it. Canada has some of the best schools in the world and just like many other countries with the best schools the fees are quite expensive. Although in Canada the fees are cheaper compared to countries like the U.K. or America and the rest of them it is still a lot. However here is how you can pay for your studies in Canada fast.
The cost to study in Canada will depend on so many factors like the school or university, the course or degree program you have applied for, the state or province where it is located, and directly or indirectly ere you decide to find an apartment.
The amount paid for undergraduate courses differs from that of masters, and doctoral courses, and for international students, they pay more compared to students who are citizens or permanent residents. Also, the tuition fee paid in Canada is set by individual universities. The public schools are controlled by the Canadian government which makes the fee cheaper compared to the private universities that are owned and controlled by private firms or individuals.
How Much Does it Cost to study in Canada?
When you remove the cost of accommodation and transportation, the average amount of fee an international student is expected to pay is CA$6,463 each year for an undergraduate degree, and CA$7,056 every year for a graduate degree (Master’s Degree).
Tuition Cost for Undergraduate Programs
Depending on the course program you have chosen, undergraduate programs can also become very expensive or very cheap for you. The more expensive undergraduate programs are usually Medicine, Engineering, and social science. Although the university you chose will also tell if you will pay even more for them or less.
Average Tuition Fee You Pay For Popular Undergraduate Course Programs
- Bachelors in Business & Management: 600 – 56,000 CAD/year
- Bachelors in Computer Science & IT: 2,300 – 55,500 CAD/year
- Bachelors in Engineering & Technology: 2,000 – 55,000 CAD/year
- Bachelors in Social Sciences: 1,500 – 56,000 CAD/year
- Bachelors in Natural Sciences: 2,500 – 53,000 CAD/year
Tuition Cost for Graduate Programs
The tuition fee for the Graduate or master’s program is slightly higher than the undergraduate programs. Your budget can be between 1,200 to 66,000 CAD/year. This is excluding accommodation and other costs of living in Canada.
Average Tuition Fee You Pay For Popular Graduate Course Programs
- Master’s in Business & Management: 2,150 – 52,700 CAD/year
- Masters in Computer Science & IT: 2,150 – 52,500 CAD/year
- Masters in Engineering & Technology: 2,150 – 52,500 CAD/year
- Masters in Medicine & Health: 2,150 – 58,300 CAD/year
- Masters in Social Sciences: 2,150 – 37,000 CAD/year
Please note that the fee range shown here is meant to give you an idea of how much you should expect to pay so that you shift your budget accordingly. There are also different ways you can pay to afford all these tuitions abroad and study for almost free in Canada.
The tuition fees are also influenced by the universities. But from research, the most expensive school does not always mean the best school. The fees may be influenced by factors such as the province it is located, the infrastructures in place, and the number of students applying to the school (in some cases). Let’s look at some of the most affordable universities in Canada
Cheapest Universities In Canada
- The Memorial University of Newfoundland – tuition fees: 2,150 – 11,460 CAD/year
- University of Regina – tuition fees: 1,715 – 20,050 CAD/year
- Royal Roads University – tuition fees: 3,750 – 27,600 CAD/year
- The University of Saskatchewan – tuition fees: 4,110 – 24,000 CAD/year
- Athabasca University – tuition fees: 1,625 – 17,250 CAD/year
- Brandon University in Manitoba: Tuition: $7,203 CAD/year
- Université de Saint-Boniface in Manitoba: Tuition: $7,482 CAD/year
- The University of Guelph in Ontario: Tuition: $9,730 CAD/year
- Canadian Mennonite University in Manitoba: Tuition: $10,003 CAD/year