To study in Canada, international students must obtain a study permit or student visa to enable them legally enter Canada to study. Canada has no restriction on the number of students or the countries which are permitted to study here. It is one of the friendliest and welcoming nations for international students.
Canada boasts of great academic learning and an accommodating learning environment for students, which is why they are currently ranked as the top favorite destination for international students seeking academic excellence and the world’s labor market recognition. So, what all international students need is a study permit, a letter of acceptance from their intended institution, and enough money to see you through school. Students may also apply for scholarships, student loans, student part-time jobs, and other financial aids.
The fastest way to apply for a student visa is online on the official Citizen and Immigration Canada (CIC) website. However, you can apply for a student visa offline on paper or in person.
Requirement for a Study Visa
- Students are required to provide all necessary and requested documents for a student visa. Each document must be duly stamped and signed by the appropriate authority.
What Documents are required to apply for a Study Visa?
Each student applying for a student visa must have the following documents with them when they apply or submit their application. You must ensure that your documents are correct and complete to avoid delays in your visa application processing.
- Application for study permit made
- Family information
- Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union
- Fee payment in an applicable format
- A valid passport
- Letter of acceptance from the university
- Any additional documents required by the responsible visa office
- Valid Passport and two passport size photographs
- Photocopy of IELTS test results or other accepted international testing system (International English Language Testing System), or a minimum score of 7 for French in the Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens (Test d’évaluation de français).
- Proof of funds
- Medical exam report
2. The candidate must be enrolled at a Designated Learning Institute in Canada. These are schools with the legal backing from the Canadian government to accept and enroll international students.
3. Have sufficient finances to cover your tuition, living expenses, and a return trip to your country after completing your program at the DLI.
4. You must be able to convince the immigration officer that you will return to Canada after you complete your studies at the university.
5. Applying student must have zero criminal recorded or be a threat to the security of Canada and her citizen.
How To Apply for A Student Visa
The first to begin you application process is to first apply to the school you wish to attend. Obtain a letter of admission from the school as proof of acceptance. Then you can proceed to submit an application for a study visa. You can complete this step either online like we have stated earlier on this article. Or you can visit Canadian immigration office closest to you to submit an to collect and fill the application.
You will be required to pay some application fee either way. After paying, you can now proceed for your biometrics and then you can submit your application.